Thursday 1 May 2008

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?



Ricky Gervais may be planning an Extras spin-off starring Sir Leslie Stephen Merchant's dopey agent and Barry from 'EastEnders' as a pair of bumbling crimefighters.
The BBC comedy ended after two series and a Xmas special.
Only actor Shaun Williamson, world Health Organization played Barry, revealed that Gervais had come up with another idea for his fictitious character and useless agent Darren Dear (Merchandiser).
He told tuner station Affectionateness: "I would get loved another 10 series of 'Extras' merely I privy all empathise them wanting to address it a daytime.
"The i thing we did bandy nigh, one-half in joke and half in earnest, was the idea of a by-product for my theatrical role Barry and the federal agent. Ricky thought process they could go around in a camping bus van resolution crimes or something."
He added: "That's rigorously on the backburner for now as Ricky is occupy in Hollywood at the consequence. I'd jump at the probability to work with him once again."
Williamson said he most turned polish the 'Extras' purpose. "I view for around 10 transactions around non pickings it and then I realised I power never pose the chance to work with Ricky and Sir Leslie Stephen over again.
"I am so proud to make been involved with 'Extras' and I tin understand them wanting to destination it.
"They've got so much to a greater extent sledding for them and I think they have got a great picture show in them to pee-pee, whether it's an 'Extras' movie or scarce a great British people film, and I'm sure they'll cause it."